Jonah Platt – Creative Consultant
Let Jonah’s creativity and decades of entertainment expertise elevate your content to its absolute highest level. Whether you’re a student, amateur, or professional, nothing brings me more joy than helping you bring your best work to the fore. I’m excited to work with you, either in person or remotely via video conference/email/telephone, until all your creative needs are met.
Some areas where I can help you might include:
- Acting/audition/singing/performance coaching or feedback
- Script notes (story, structure, dialogue, any medium)
- Music feedback (notes on a recent mix, production ideas, arrangement/orchestration help, lyric/composition notes)
- Extra set of eyes & ears (watch a rehearsal/reading/workshop and give constructive feedback to creatives or performers)
- Essay/speech consultation (performance coaching and/or content feedback)
- Brainstorming (let me be the wall you bounce your ideas off)
- Anything you can think of where you’d like some experienced and wide-ranging creative feedback!
My diverse background in the entertainment industry has given me a unique toolkit by which to enhance nearly any aspect of any creative medium. No matter the project, no matter the scale, I will work one-on-one with you and your team until we’ve crafted the absolute best version of your project.
From a very young age, I have been thinking critically about all facets of entertainment, as I studied and learned the business under the tutelage of my father, the Emmy/Oscar/Grammy/Tony-nominated producer Marc Platt.
Since then, my career has taken a distinctive path through many different mediums and creative formats, such as:
- A Cum Laude graduate from an Ivy League school with a B.A. in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing, and minors in both Film and Music
- Ran a popular entertainment blog, with work featured on sites like CNN.com and Huffington Post
- Wrote or assisted on multiple network and cable TV shows including “Parks and Recreation”, “Family Guy”, and “Billy on the Street”
- Have written and developed projects in a wide rang of genres and mediums from digital shorts to unscripted TV to dramatic screenplays to TV comedy to animation to TV genre dramas to stage musicals
- Member of WGA since 2014
- An award-winning singer and music producer with years of experience behind a microphone, at a computer, or in the studio
- A multi-instrumentalist who has performed, produced and directed concerts in multiple genres on stages all across the country, from the clubs of the Sunset Strip to Carnegie Hall
- An accomplished musical director, orchestrator and arranger
- Has arranged vocals for platinum-selling producers, sung tracks for ASCAP-Award winning composers, composed for television, and released music on all major streaming platforms
- Has taught performance technique and musical theater composition to students from kindergarten to college to professional
- Member of ASCAP since 2001
- Accomplished actor on Broadway, TV, film and voice-over
- A trained improviser since age 14, graduate of programs at The Groundlings, UCB, and PIT
- Founder, director and performer of globally recognized longform musical improv troupe
- Has directed or taught acting, improv, and performance technique to students of all ages in private and academic settings, from kindergarten to Broadway-level professionals
- Has originated multiple roles for the stage, comfortable and experienced at all levels of project development
- Repped in all formats by top talent agency William Morris Endeavor
- Member of SAG-Aftra and Equity Actors Association
- Award-winning theater actor, director, and producer
- Has worked professionally on nearly every side of the table, from director to writer to producer to actor to music director to arranger/orchestrator
- Developed and implemented full curriculum on musical theater structure
- Sought-after dramaturgical consultant for dozens of in-development musical theater projects and plays
- Professional lyricist, composer and bookwriter of musical theater
PRODUCING / DIRECTING
- Award-winning producer of content ranging from animated shorts to music videos to digital pilots to live theater
- Has spent thousands of hours crafting story in the editing bay on all manner of projects (this is where the magic happens!)
- Directed several digital shorts and pilots
- Have built relationships on all levels of the industry that I can utilize to help elevate your project
No matter what you’re working on- a TV audition, an edit of a feature, a new mix of your original song, a musical theater script, a non-fiction essay, a production of a new play- let me provide the feedback, instruction, and insight to empower YOU to bring out the best in your own abilities and make your creative dreams come true.
For rates, inquiries and more information, email me at JonahPlattInfo@gmail.com
Thank you so much, and I hope to work with you soon!